Specific instructions will be provided to you based on your scheduled exam type, however general instructions are as follows:
- We may ask you to change into a hospital gown for the exam.
- Please remove all metal, including jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures, hairpins, etc.
- The technologist conducts the SPECT scan from a control room. You can talk to the technologist throughout the exam.
- You will lie still on a table during your exam.
- SPECT exams do require radiation. Following your exam, be sure to drink plenty of water to help flush the contrast from your body.