Specific instructions will be provided to you based on your scheduled exam type, however general instructions are as follows:
- Most injection procedures will require that you have a driver. There is a numbing agent used within the solution for your comfort; it will wear off later in the day. Due to this, it could cause inability to operate a vehicle safely. Your scheduler and technologist will go over this with you depending on your exam.
- Do not take any blood thinners or NSAIDS – discontinue blood thinners and full-strength aspirin 7 full days before your procedure, and baby aspirin 3 full days before your procedure.
- If you are taking any medications, contact us immediately at (907) 729-5800 to be cleared prior to your procedure. Some medications may be contraindicated for your procedure, and we want to ensure your safety and comfort during and after your procedure.
- A technologist will reach out to you to complete a thorough prescreening interview, and to answer any questions or concerns you may have prior to your procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothing the day of your procedure.